The Utok’nmazakhi (aka Utok, pronounced oo-talk) are a tribe of native settlers of the Jæruel. Their caves line the ridges on the western edge of the region, and their ruins dot the plains below, no longer inhabited. One ring of settlements survives somehow miraculously in the alabaster cliffs to the east of the town of Alabaster.
As the human settlers moved into the area, the Utok were relegated to the regions where humans found it too difficult or costly to settle. They have adapted to life in the mountains, owing in part to their relationships with bears, and their superior hunting abilities. They make excellent archers, receiving a +2 bonus on all attacks with bows.
The Utok have been known to skirmish with hobgoblins and mountain wyndm-folk in order to protect what little land they have left. They revere bears, and often offer them food as a form of worship. When bears come to the Utok caves to die, the Utok take their hides. It is considered the highest honor and privilege for Utok to acquire bearskins.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, Utok have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Utok base land speed is 30 feet, and their adaptation to the mountains means that they travel at normal speed through all the various terrains in the Jæruel.
• 1 extra nature-based feat at 1st level.
• 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Utok languages, and some have contact with Mountain Wyndm. Bonus Languages: Any. See the Speak Language skill.
• Favored Class: Any, except monk. When determining whether a multi-class Utok takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count. Most Utok are rangers or druids.
• Favored alignment: Lawful Neutral
• Unique Languages: Utok.
Posted in Uncategorized and tagged Jæruel, race or culture by Stephen Hilderbrand with no comments yet.