Why attack them when they can hurt themselves attacking you?
Inspired by foes of Hluyuk Tikimit, the quivering porcupine, this legendary full-body armor appears as a typical suit of jet-black leather armor. However, when the wearer is attacked, it puffs up and strikes at the attacker, sending prehensile, poison-tipped fangs into the assailant’s flesh.
The wearer can also disengage the fangs, which then serve as poison daggers with spiraled-bone handles. In crisis mode, the armor projects the gruesome fang daggers as a standard ranged attack.
The wearer looks out on the world through a narrow slit, providing identity obfuscation for night-time antics.
For each day that the prehensile fang armor is worn, there is a cumulative 1% chance of it poisoning the wearer, so this deadly weapon of an armor must be used sparingly.
Posted in Equipment, Magic Item, rules agnostic and tagged armor by Adam A. Thompson with no comments yet.
These worms are found in books throughout the Great Library. They infest the spines of books and consume paper, parchment, and leather, and flesh if it is unwittingly offered to them.
Bookworms manifest as a disease, with a series of increasingly-difficult saves – DC 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 – as a PC is repeatedly affected by bookworms in ancient tomes. The effects of a bookworm include acute skin rashes dealing 1d6 damage per day and flare-ups which deal 2d6 damage every hour.
Bookworms are also known for preventing the effectiveness of healing effects. They can only be removed with a long bath of purified water and a remove disease spell.
Posted in 3rd edition Dungeons & Dragons / d20 fantasy / Pathfinder, Disease by Adam A. Thompson with no comments yet.
- Cause Fear: One creature of 5 HD or less flees for 1d4 rounds.
- Death Knell: Kill dying creature and gain 1d8 temporary hp, +2 to Str, and +1 caster level.
- Animate Dead: Creates undead skeletons and zombies.
- Death Ward: Grants immunity to death spells and negative energy effects.
- Slay Living: Touch attack kills subject.
- Create Undead: Create ghouls, ghasts, mummies, or mohrgs.
- Destruction: Kills subject and destroys remains.
- Create Greater Undead: Create shadows, wraiths, spectres, or devourers.
- Wail of the Banshee: Kills one creature/level.
Posted in Uncategorized and tagged cleric domain, cruelty domain by Adam A. Thompson with no comments yet.
- Sci-fi terrain with a Star Wars feel: http://www.the-holocron.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=36&func=select&id=2
There are a ton more out there! The first 5 pages of Google search results are full of other sites featuring tile sets to choose from. Also, check out rpgnow.com for more options, including Skeleton Key Games’ epic collection.
Once you’ve found your tiles of choice, print them out and follow these directions to make some great memories at the gaming table.
Posted in Miniatures by Adam A. Thompson with no comments yet.